How do I receive my Veterans Benefits at SJU?

You need to apply for GI Benefits by completing the necessary application at  If the VA finds you eligible, they will mail you a "Certificate of Eligibility" or "Award Letter" with information about your benefits.You can also access this information through the VA's eBenefit site: The instructions are listed below on how to retrieve this information online.  Please submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility, or screen print of your VA eBenefit education screen, to Financial Aid immediately upon receipt.

  • Log onto eBenefits
  • On the “Welcome” page, select the “Manage Your Benefits” option at the bottom
  • Under the "Manage Benefits" option, select the “Status Tracking” option
  • In the “Education” block, you should see a link for the benefit you are eligible for
  • Select the “Enrollment Status"
  • Link (Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, etc)
  • Print the page entitled “Education Enrollment Status"


Article ID: 52718
Thu 4/26/18 9:00 AM
Tue 6/6/23 11:10 AM