Grade Replacement Request

What is it?

This service request is for students to request approval for grade replacement. Submission of this form does not mean it will be processed, it will be routed to the appropriate Dean's Office for approval. This form is to be completed no later than the course withdrawal deadline for the semester in which the course is repeated. Please check the academic calendar for specific withdrawal deadlines by term.

INTERIM REPEAT and GRADE REPLACEMENT COURSE POLICY (effective Aug. 1, 2022-June 30, 2023): 

A student may only repeat a course for which they received a grade of B- or below.  Students should seek approval from their academic adviser via an Advising Note in DegreeWorks.  When a student repeats a course, both the new and old grade will appear on the student’s transcript.

Students who repeat a course may then apply for grade replacement using the appropriate form.  Approval is granted by the relevant Dean’s office based on the student’s major program of study.   If grade replacement is approved, both the new and old grade will appear on a student’s transcript, but only the new grade will be factored into the student’s GPA and count for course credit.  A student may not repeat the same course more than once. A student may not replace a grade for more than four distinct courses total.  A student may not repeat a first year seminar course. 

The second course typically must have the same course name and number as the course being replaced; dean’s approval is required for a course to be replaced with a different course that fulfills the same GEP or program requirement (or, for a student who is changing major, a comparable requirement of the new major).   Repeating a course by transfer of a comparable course from another institution requires dean’s approval and is only allowed if there is no other way for the student to stay on track towards degree completion.  Transfer credit is not calculated into a student’s cumulative G.P.A. (See Transfer Credit policy). Programs and departments may impose additional restrictions on repeat courses and grade replacement due to accreditation and/or state licensure, state certification, or state registration requirements.

Who can use it?


Where can I access this service?

Please use the Request Service button.

Request Service


Service ID: 51887
Wed 9/14/22 1:38 PM
Tue 9/27/22 3:19 PM