Employee Departure

What is it?

When an employee resigns, retires, or is otherwise separated from employment at the University, it is the responsibility of the employee's supervisor to ensure all computing and information security related procedures are completed.

Who can use it?

By filling out this Service Request, a departed employee's SJU account will automatically be locked. This means that they will no longer be able to log into any SJU services.  If that employee is also a student or faculty member at the university please call the TSC directly at 610-660-2920.

As the supervisor of a departing employee, you will be responsible for ensuring the return of the following items to the Office of Information Technology as soon as possible:

  • Employee Computer(s)
  • SJU-Provided Mobile Device
  • iPad
  • External Hard Drive

You will also need to make plans to acquire and return any keys to the Office of Facilities Management and make sure any 3rd-party access has been revoked.  

If the departing employee is responsible for a university Pcard, please contact the Purchasing Department.

Department Share Drive/Google Group Membership  - If the departing employee will continue at SJU as a student or adjunct faculty, you will need to remove them from Google Shared Drives and Google Groups that they should no longer be a part of.

Where can I access this service?

In order to facilitate this process, please click the "Request Service" button to the right.


Request Service


Service ID: 20856
Wed 6/21/17 8:20 AM
Thu 5/27/21 8:52 AM