The Saint Joseph's University’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) Project Management Policy describes the essential elements in the management of its projects and project portfolio.
OIT defines a project as a temporary endeavor with a start and finish, undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result. SJU OIT projects require technology resources and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Project cost >$5,000
- Resource time exceeds 40 hours
- Brings a new service to the IT service catalog
- Project FTEs required from two or more internal (OIT) departments and/or across two or more divisions and/or colleges;
- Discretion of the CIO
An OIT liaison will contact you within one week of requesting a project. This individual will act as point of contact between your department and the OIT project governance committee for their review and prioritization.
This form will also be utilized for two additional OIT requests. If you would like to submit a request for the follow items, please use this form:
Application Services Requests
Use this form to submit requests for:
- Banner software enhancements and modifications
- Data to be migrated to the ODS/EDW
- Changes to the data structures within the ODS/EDW
- Updates to existing or requests for new Cognos packages
- Web application enhancements or modifications
Video Production Requests
Video Production requests should be academic in nature, and there must be a minimum budget of $500 per video. Some examples would include:
- Special Academic Service Programs/Projects (i.e. Appalachian Experience)
- Spotlights on Professors
- Departmental Overviews
- Historically significant academic markers or accomplishments
- Prior to requesting a project, gain authorization from your department's cabinet representative.
- This individual will be contacted upon submission of the request.
- You may save this project request via the "Save" button and revisit it for edits and changes prior to submission.
- You must mark each section complete before you can "Review and Submit" the project request.
- Project is submitted by the “Submit” button on the Review and Submit page.